Prof. Caidi is the inaugural Director for International Student Engagement for the Faculty of Information, University of Toronto.
- Executive Board Member, Council of Scientific Society Presidents (CSSP), Washington DC, 2016-2019. https://sciencepresidents.org
- Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T). President-Elect, 2014-2015; President, 2015-2016, Past-President 2016-2017. https://www.asist.org
- Canadian Association for Information Science (CAIS). Vice-President, 2009-2010, President, 2010-2011, Past President, 2011-2012. http://cais-acsi.ca
- Awarded the 2020 Watson Davis Award for Service by the Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T).
- Awarded the 2019 ALISE/Pratt-Severn Faculty Innovation Award.
- Outstanding 2019 Research Article for “Pilgrimage to the Hajj: An Information Journey.” The International Journal of Information, Diversity, & Inclusion, 3(1): 44-76.
- Awarded the American Library Association’s 2018 David Cohen/EMIERT Multicultural Award for article: “Diversity by Design” (with Dr. Keren Dali) published in Library Quarterly, 2018.
- Outstanding 2018 Research Article for “Holy Selfies: Performing Pilgrimage in the Age of Social Media.” (with S. Beazley and L. Colomer Marquez) in The International Journal of Information, Diversity & Inclusion, 2018.
- Outstanding Paper in the 2017 Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence for “A Two-Way Street: Building the recruitment Narrative in LIS Programs.” (with Dr. Keren Dali) published in New Library World, 2017.
- Awarded the 2006 James M. Cretsos Leadership Award by the Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T).
- International Journal of Information, Diversity and Inclusion (IJIDI), 2018-present.
- Special Issue on “Forced Migration: Making Sense of a Complex Ecosystem.” in International Journal of Information, Diversity and Inclusion (IJIDI). With co-editors, Drs. Juliane Stiller, Violeta Trkulja, Syed Ishtiaque Ahmed. (April 2020).
- Special Issue on “Diversity by Design: An International Symposium.” in International Journal of Information, Diversity and Inclusion (IJIDI). With co-editor, Dr. Keren Dali. (2017).
- Special Issue on “Information and National Security.” in Government Information Quarterly. (2005).
Editorial Board Member
- Journal of International Migration and Integration (JIMI) 2020-present
- Documentation & Bibliotheques, 2019-present
- Information Processing and Management (IP&M), 2016-present.
- International Journal of Information, Diversity and Inclusion (IJIDI), 2017-present.
- Libri, 2016-present.
- Library and Information Science Research (LISR), 2009-2015.
- Government Information Quarterly (GIQ), 2006-2015.
- The Library Quarterly, 2009-2011.
- Journal of Information Science (Morocco), 2021-present.
- Bibliotheca Nostra. Silesian Scientific Quarterly (Poland), 2013-present.
- Revista General de Información y Documentación (Spain), 2010-present.
- Amity Journal of Human Behaviour and Development Issues (India), 2013-present.
- Advisory Committee, Internationally Trained Medical Doctors (ITMD) Bridging Program, Ryerson University, Toronto, 2016-present.
- Advisory Committee, Orientation to Canada and Group Settlement Orientation, Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada, Ottawa, 2017-present.
- Working Group, Cancer Care Ontario’s Public Engagement Strategy Implementation Working Group, Toronto, 2013-2014.
- Toronto Public Library, Expert opinion, Evaluation of the Library Settlement Partnership program, Summer 2013.
- Citizenship & Immigration Canada, Working Group on Settlement Information. Ottawa, 2012-2014.
- La Passerelle-IDE (Francophone Youth & Employment Center). Advisory Board member, Toronto, 2013-2014.
- Expert Consultations on the Lawful Access Proposals. Member of the Civil Society stakeholder team that met with officials from Justice Canada, Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada, Industry Canada and the Competition Bureau. Ottawa, ON, March 9, 2005.
- Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE), Member of International Relations Committee, 2004-2006.
- Canadian Library Association, Member of Standing Committee on Intellectual Property and Public Access ~ Information Policy Working Group, 2006-2009.
Research Grant Proposal Reviewer
- The Marsden Fund, Royal Society Te Apārangi (New Zealand)
- Ontario’s Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science, Early Researcher Awards Program, Arts & Humanities Division.
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Postodoctoral Fellowships.
- Gouvernement du Quebec, Fonds Societe et Culture.
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Insight Research Development Grants.
- Canadian Fund for Innovation/Gouvernement du Quebec, Fonds Societe et Culture.
- Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO). Vidi programme (Innovational Research Incentive Scheme).
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Standard Research Grant.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Discovery Grant.